ABLE National Resource Center
The ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) is a collaborative that brings together the investment, support and resources of some of the country's largest and most influential national disability organizations in an effort to accelerate the design and availability of ABLE accounts to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities and their families. Founded and managed by National Disability Institute (NDI), the ANRC's goal is to provide consistent, reliable information concerning the benefits of an ABLE account. In addition, the ANRC aims to educate individuals with disabilities and their families, state government and legislatures, financial service companies and financial planners and attorneys - who focus on trust and estate planning - about ABLE’s potential positive impact on the lives of millions of Americans with disabilities.
Five Areas of Collective Impact
- Serve as a facilitator between the disability sector, government, and financial service comapnies to accelerate the effective design and availability of ABLE accounts nationwide.
- Educate the disability community about the available opportunities to save and plan for a better economic future and quality of life experience through the establishment of ABLE accounts.
- Educate government at the federal and state levels about consumer needs and challenges in establishing and/or managing an ABLE account.
- Inform financial service companies about the needs and interests of the disability community to offer investment products for use with ABLE account resources.
- Educate the public, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders about the positive impact of ABLE accounts at an individual and systems level and any needed changes for further policy development.